Sunday, November 21, 2010

Why Did I Finally Join the Blogging World?

After many years of taunting from my friends (you know who you are), I have FINALLY decided to join the world of blogging. Not to necessarily share all of my inner most thoughts or post the beautiful faces of my loved ones, but to share what I couldn't find this summer when I searched the internet for ideas.

***Disclaimer: I am by no means internet savvy, so the fault is my own. I have definite ideas of what I am looking for and want immediate results. I am not patient enough to search past page 3 or 4 when doing a Google search. So if you have done something similar to what I am trying to achieve, I apologize profusely for not being able to find your fabulous site and would love a link!! :)

Rather than trying to keep my family and friends up to date on the events of my family's lives I am starting this blog to share the ideas I have developed or borrowed and tweaked in my classroom.

As a teacher I like things highly organized (those who visit my house, might claim otherwise). I am a self admitted control freak. Everything is color coded and has a place. Office supplies make me giddy. Paper clips, folders, markers, glue pens, paper, and markers...bring them on!!

I have used my Cricut here and there to make a few items to use in my classroom. But it was this summer that I truly caught the 'Cricut bug' so to speak. Though I put in A LOT of long hours to make it a go...I can see the benefits and even time saved once implemented in the classroom. And my students love it!! Which is truly what it is all about.

So I hope through this blog to share some of my ideas and would love to if you shared yours as well!!

3 comments:

Just Kristina... said...

As a teacher, I'm LOVING this idea. And, I also want to spy and see what's new with you. Permission to stalk you?

Alexa said...

Granted...it would only be fair...besides I might need some of your expertise. :)

Just Kristina... said...

Great! I'm linking you onto our blog. I'm excited to see what you come up with! I'm always up for new things in my classroom too!