Saturday, November 20, 2010

What's in a Name?

Where did the name of my blog originate? My very clever husband. You see he does not quite appreciate how a teacher's work is never done. When I walk out the door at 3:45...or 5:00pm it is with a heavy backpack and a list of things to complete before I start the next day.

Over the summer I spent some time researching and putting together what I thought would make life much easier for a full time teacher and mother. What did that entail? Hours upon hours of cutting paper on my cricut while monopolizing not only the computer, but the entire loft. But I have to say the mess (which I should have documented) and all the long hours paid off. Not only is my cinderblock room..I mean my classroom...very cute, but it is much more efficiently run. I owe it all to my cricut, a few ideas I found online and tweaked to make my own, my mom for sharing her cartridges, and my patient family who put up with the mess, late dinners, and general chaos.

So my cute husband came up with the name...because that's all he saw me do...'stick it in my cricut' all summer long.

No comments: