Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Teacher Gifts

Teacher gifts are always a struggle each year. I want to make sure I am giving gifts that show our level of appreciation and are meaningful at the same time. Two years ago I came up with what I thought was the perfect gift and had glorious visions of making them each year, leaving a physical track of my children's trek through the elementary school. Only to gave the vision squashed as I went to purchase the necessary supplies last fall. I do have plans to do a little research and make them for teacher appreciation in the spring, still leaving our mark! :)

Instead I tweaked an idea my mom shared with me last winter. So I made these cute gift card holding cards. I used the Christmas Cheer cartridge to cut the Santa and the list out. The rest is ribbon from Walmart and paper from one of my favorite places (the dollar bins at Target).
The inside of the card, had to of course rhyme. It is a little hard to read, so it says: "He's made his list and checked it twic, Your name topped the list as nice! Merry Christmas." Then I had each of my kids sign their respective teacher's cards. Then a gift card was tucked inside the ribbon.

I also included a little treat for the elementary teachers. Here's a little warning to all you teachers out there...your students notice your little treats! I asked my girls what their teacher's favorite treat was and they easily told me a 3 Musketeers bar - mint. When I asked the 5th grader he said, "Mrs. Smith doesn't really eat treats, but she LOVES Diet Coke. Like seriously, Mom. I mean she LOVES it. She drinks like four a day." To which the girls added that their teacher likes Diet Pepsi. So I filled gift bags with the appropriate soda and threw the tissue paper wrapped card on the top. Hopefully they know they are appreciated!

1 comment:

Just Kristina... said...

That gift card holder is adorable! I love getting gift cards from my students as well. Very, very cute! That is too funny about the Diet Coke and Diet Pepsi. I'm sure my students would say the same thing. Last year I had a student write me a letter and ask me to please quit drinking Diet Coke because it was bad for me. I laughed as I cracked open another can.